Step by step procedure to backup registry on Windows XP using regedit.exe program
Windows XP Registry Backup using regedit.exe.
The article below show the step by step guide to save registry value or to backup registry on Windows XP. The backup of Windows XP registry below is done using the regedit.exe or regedit program / tool. The regedit is the registry editing tool that comes with every default Windows installation so you don't have to download the regedit program to follow the example below :-).
1. Click the Start on the Windows task bar, then click on the Run button.
2. On the Run dialog box type in regedit.exe or just type in regedit on the Open box as on example below and then Click OK button.
3. The figure below show the example of Registry Editor windows, click to highlight My Computer on the Registry Editor windows.
4. On the Registry Editor task bar, click on File and then point and click Export... .
5. After you click the Export..., the Export Registry File windows appear. Enter the filename for your registry file as shown on the example below, then click on the Save button to save your registry file.
6. Below is the example of registry file.
7. To view the contents of the registry file, point and right click your mouse button on the backup registry file and then click on Edit on the menu as shown below.
8. the contents of registry view using notepad text editor.
Keywords: backup regedit, backup registry, backup windows xp registry, windows xp registry backup, view registry value, open registry, backup registry, xp registry backup