Check Fedora Version
Step by step how to check Fedora version
The example below show how to check Fedora version on the system that you currently use right now... this example show step by step to open the /etc/fedora-release and show the Fedora version
1. Open x terminal by go to Activities -> Applications -> System Tools -> Terminal
2. and then issue cat command on the terminal to open the /etc/fedora-release configuration file as show on example below
[jason@fedora ~]$ cat /etc/fedora-release
Fedora release 15 (Lovelock)
Please note :- that this simple step y step how to check Fedora version is tested on Linux Fedora 15 machine
Keywords: fedora version, fedora release, fedora current version, fedora version example
Thanks for Reading and Check Other Popular Linux Topics
- Configure and Setup Squid Cache Proxy Server on Fedora Core.
- Using Linux rm command to delete, remove hidden files and folder - Basic Linux Command.
- Copy Linux Files and Copy Directory Using cp Command - Linux Basic Command.
- Moving or rename files and directory using Linux mv command - Basic Linux Command.
- Add, view, edit and configure route and static route on Linux Fedora Core - Linux Server Configuration.
- Get and display the size of file and directory in Linux system using du command.
- Step by step Install Setup and Configure Linux Fedora Core Server and Network Management with Screen Shot and Example.
- Create file and display file contents in Linux using cat command.
- Configure Squid to block HTTP request to specific web sites.
- Example of samba smbpasswd file and samba smbusers configuration file.