Step by step how to remove Fedora kernel
The example below show step by step how to remove Fedora kernel. On this step by step example we start from login on Fedora system and end up with the command to remove unwanted kernel from the Fedora system
1. Login on your Fedora box. Open x terminal by go to Activities -> Applications -> System Tools -> Terminal
Step by step how to check Fedora version
The example below show how to check Fedora version on the system that you currently use right now... this example show step by step to open the /etc/fedora-release and show the Fedora version
1. Open x terminal by go to Activities -> Applications -> System Tools -> Terminal
Step by step how to use Vi editor
This article is made for basic guide to use vi editor to create and edit file on Linux system. Please bear in mind that this vi editor guide only focusing on the basic step to use vi editor.
need to know: The vi mainly have 2 mode, the editing mode and command mode… the other is "ex" command.
The "ex" command start with colon (:). They are called "ex" commands because they are the ex text editor commands.
How to check hard disk size on Linux
The step by step example below show how to check hard disk size on Linux system using command. There is may command that you can use on Linux system to check the hard disk size, and this article only show 3 example of linux command (df command, fdisk command and hdparm command) that you can use to show hard disk size on your Linux system…
Check Hard disk size using df command.
View Linux log file on Linux Fedora with gnome-system-log
The gnome-system-log is one of useful application that can be use to view Linux log file and monitor activity on your Linux Fedora system. To view log file using the System Log Viewer you need to install the gnome-system-log and open the gnome-system-log on your graphical desktop by click on Applications menubar -> System Tools -> and click on Log File Viewer…
The step by step gnome-system-log installation on Fedora 12.
How to Check and List Available Shell on Linux System.
This step by step command example below show how to check and list available shell on your Linux system. The example below use chsh command to list available shell and then we use cat command to display the /etc/shells configuration file content that store the information about list of Linux shell available on our Linux system.
List available shell.
How to disable NetworkManager on Linux Fedora 11.
This step by step example show how to disable NetworkManager on Linux Fedora 11 operating system. The default configuration of Fedora 11 make sure that every time you restart or reboot Fedora 11 machine, the Network Manager automatically start. The step by step example below show you on how to disable NetworkManager and disable NetworkManager automatically start every times when your Linux Fedora 11 rebooted.
Disable NetworkManager by stop service.
Step by step how to install flash player on Fedora 10.
Open X Terminal on Fedora 11
Change Linux Fedora Virtual Terminal and Graphical Desktop
How change from one virtual terminal to other virtual terminal or to change back to graphical desktop? The Linux as we know provide multiuser and multitasking operating system that can enable us to work on or using the system with more than one user and execute more than one task or using more then one application in same time... the example below show how you can change to different Linux virtual terminal and change back to your Linux graphical desktop.
Thanks for Reading and Check Other Popular Linux Topics
- Configure and Setup Squid Cache Proxy Server on Fedora Core.
- Using Linux rm command to delete, remove hidden files and folder - Basic Linux Command.
- Copy Linux Files and Copy Directory Using cp Command - Linux Basic Command.
- Moving or rename files and directory using Linux mv command - Basic Linux Command.
- Add, view, edit and configure route and static route on Linux Fedora Core - Linux Server Configuration.
- Get and display the size of file and directory in Linux system using du command.
- Step by step Install Setup and Configure Linux Fedora Core Server and Network Management with Screen Shot and Example.
- Create file and display file contents in Linux using cat command.
- Configure Squid to block HTTP request to specific web sites.
- Example of samba smbpasswd file and samba smbusers configuration file.