Step by step Fedora NAT configuration.
This step by step Fedora nat configuration is done on Fedora 15 and as it is... this version of guide on Fedora nat server are not equip to implement on working live server
1. Fedora NAT... Checking the server environment, the network card
[fedora10@fedora ~]$ su
Fedora squidGuard squidGuard.conf example
The example below show the squidguard configuration file squidGuard.conf that located in /etc/squid/ directory. This squidGuard.conf file is install, configure and done on Fedora 17. To edit the squidGuard configuration file, make sure that yu have permiission to the configuration file.... so this step by step only show you how to edit the squidGurd.conf start from the su - command.. and click here if you need to install and configure squidGuard to block unwanted web access from your squid client
Step by step Fedora squidGuard Installation and Configuration
The example of Fedora squidGuard installation and configuration below tested and done using Fedora 17.. To use squidGuard as an squid proxy content filter and redirect proxy user from accessing banned website you must configure squid and then proceed with squidGuard installation and configuration. The step by step below show the example of squidGuard configuration start from the intallation process....
The example of p1p1 network configuration file
The configuration file example for p1p1 network on Linux Fedora 16 that located under /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ directory.
[root@fedora ~]# cat /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-p1p1
WARNING: Could not determine this machines public hostname. Please configure one or set 'visible_hostname'.
How to configure visible_hostname for squid
When trying to stat squid proxy server you get WARNING: Could not determine this machines public hostname. Please configure one or set 'visible_hostname'. error message.... the best solution is to put fqdn inside squid configuration squid.conf file that usually loacated under /etc/squid/ directory. The example below show how to put the visible_hostname for squid...
Configure one or set visible_hostname.
How to configure network interface on Fedora 16
The step by step example below show how to configure network interface on Fedora 16. The Fedora 16 use NetworkManager to manage network interface, by using NetworkManager this simple step by step artice show how to configure network interface to use static IP address.
Check network properties.
To show network properties type in ifconfig command.
Linux named.conf example for Linux Fedora 15 dns caching nameserver.
The example of Linux named.conf configuration file that configure for dns caching nameserver on Linux Fedora 15.
1. Log in, open Linux terminal, then execute su - command to get root privileges to execute command as show on example below.
Linux named example for Linux Fedora 15 dns caching nameserver.
The example of Linux named configuration file that configure for dns caching nameserver on Linux Fedora 15.
1. Log in, open Linux terminal then execute su - command to get root privileges to execute command as show on example below.
Configure caching Dns Server (caching nameserver) on Fedora 15.
The step by step below show how to configure caching dns server on Fedora system. This step by step configuration of caching nameserver is done on Linux Fedora 15 system, please note that the configuration below may be a little bit vary from other Linux Fedora system. The purpose of this caching dns server is to speed up dns query by querying local dns server (for local client on local network)..
Install caching dns server on Linux Fedora:
Fedora install caching dns server (caching-nameserver).
The step by step below show example on how to install caching-nameserver on Fedora Linux. This example execute using on Fedora 15 server that configure to be caching dns server (caching nameserver) for local network.
Install caching dns server example:
1. Log in on your Linux machine, and then su - to make sure you have sufficient privileges (root privileges) to install caching-nameserver.
Thanks for Reading and Check Other Popular Linux Topics
- Configure and Setup Squid Cache Proxy Server on Fedora Core.
- Using Linux rm command to delete, remove hidden files and folder - Basic Linux Command.
- Copy Linux Files and Copy Directory Using cp Command - Linux Basic Command.
- Moving or rename files and directory using Linux mv command - Basic Linux Command.
- Add, view, edit and configure route and static route on Linux Fedora Core - Linux Server Configuration.
- Get and display the size of file and directory in Linux system using du command.
- Step by step Install Setup and Configure Linux Fedora Core Server and Network Management with Screen Shot and Example.
- Create file and display file contents in Linux using cat command.
- Configure Squid to block HTTP request to specific web sites.
- Example of samba smbpasswd file and samba smbusers configuration file.