Step by step on install configure manage and using Linux Fedora on clients server computer presented with screenshots examples.
Step by step install configure and manage Linux Fedora Core with screenshot and example.
The process of installing, configuration step and the management process are quite annoying process. The guide, help, tips and trick on this page are design to documented this process by using the step by step screenshot method, examples and made easy guides on installing, using Linux fedora, configuration and management of Linux Fedora Core Operating System.
Step-by-step hands-on GNU / Linux Fedora Core 4 installation guide with screenshots:
Fedora Core 4 Installation & Configuration
Part 01 Prepare the Fedora Core 4 installation media Set the computer, boot sequence to boot the Linux Fedora Core installation media from CD-Rom drive. Boot Fedora Core 4 Installation CD-Rom
Part 02 Testing the Fedora Core 4 installations media using Linux Mediacheck.
Part 03 Running Anaconda, the system installer to install Fedora Core 4 (The Fedora Core 4 Installation Configuration, first step to install Fedora Core)
Part 04 Fedora Core 4 Installation Process (Start install Fedora Core 4 to Hard Disk).
Part 05 Configure Fedora Core 4 after the first boot.
Part 06 Login to Linux Fedora Core.
Part 07 GNU/Linux Fedora Core: Logout.
Step by step hands on tips and trick using Linux Fedora Core guide:
1. Basic Linux introduction - The basic introduction article on what is Linux, what is Linux operating system, what is Linux kernel, Linux utilities and Linux distro.
2. Upgrade Linux Fedora Core 3 - Upgrade Fedora Core 3 kernel using RedHat Package Management (RPM).
3. Create Linux root user account - Adding or Create root user account to your Linux box.
4. Change root password - Step by step procedure to recover and change the root password for Linux Fedora Core.
5. Verify existence of storage media - Verify the existence of the storage media on Linux Fedora Core machine.
6. Logout, Reboot and Shutdown Fedora Core Linux. - Step by step article and screenshot on logout from Linux, shutdown Linux and reboot Linux operating system.
7. Viewing Linux online help documentation. - Using the manual pages or man pages on Linux system; this article show you the step by step guide on how to get the information and help in the Linux system, for specific Linux commands, Linux tools and Linux files that is available on your system.
8. Linux Shell - What is linux shell.
9. List of Linux Shell - The list of shell that available on my Fedora box.
10. List Available Shell - Check and List all available shell on your Linux system.
11. Check current Shell type - The step by step example to check Shell type and Shell version on Linux Fedora.
12. Convert man page to text file - Convert the Linux manual pages to text file (e.g. man.txt)
13. Configure Add/Remove Software to install from Fedora installation DVD.
------- Install fedora software using Add/Remove Software package manager.
------- Troubleshoot Add/Remove Software on Fedora 7.
14. Change Fedora Hostname - Step by step to change hostname permanently on Fedora system.
15. Start Fedora Firewall - Enable Fedora firewall using system-config-firewall.
16. Change Fedora Default Runlevel - Learn Linux runlevel by example by change inittab configuration file on Linux Fedora 9.
17. Check Hard Disk Health Status - Enable and using SMART utility tool to check hard Disk Health status with smartctl command.
18. Using Firstboot to Configure Fedora or Reconfigure Fedora - Step by step to activate or run firstboot program to configure or reconfigure Fedora Linux system.
19. Check Linux File Type - Step by step command example on Linux file type by check the existing Linux files using ls command and file command on Linux Fedora 9.
20. Change Partition System Id - Step by step change partition system ID suing fdisk command tool, the step by step show the example on how to change from Linux default partition ID to Windows partition ID.
21. Make USB Hard Disk Portable on Linux and Windows - Step by step partitioning USB hard disk using vfat filesystem to make USB hard disk portable between Linux Fedora system and Windows system.
22. Check USB hard disk properties - Step by step to check the properties of external USB hard disk on Linux Fedora System and check the same USB hard disk properties on Windows XP system.
23. Partition Hard Disk - Step by step to create new partition on new hard disk on Linux Fedora system.
24. List hard disk partition - Step by step example using fdisk command to list hard disk partition (list partition on hard disk).
25. Check USB Disk Name - Step by step to check the USB hard disk drive name that auto detect by Fedora when we insert the USB disk on the Fedora system.
26. Format Linux Partition (ext3) - Step by step using mkfs command and mkfs.ext3 command to format Linux partition for Linux ext3 filesystem on Linux Fedora 10.
27. Delete Windows Partition - Step by step using fdisk command to delete Windows partition on hard disk drive. This article guide you on how to use the fdisk command to delete windows partition.
28. Change Directory to Double Quotes Directory name - Step by step how to disable Networkmanager on Linux Fedora 10.
29. Install Software Package from CentOS DVD - Step by step configuration to enable install software package from CentOS installation DVD( when i'm working with CentOS :-).
30. Open tar.gz file - example on using tar to extract open tar.gz compress file.
31. Update Fedora - Simple step to update Fedora server.
32. Fedora Linux Virtual Terminal - Step by step change from one virtual terminal to another virtual terminal.
33. View Linux log file - Step by step installation and view Linux log file.
34. Linux hard disk size - Step by step how to check hard disk size on Linux.
35. Using vi editor - Step by step how to use vi editor.
Fedora 11 Configuration:
1. Fedora 11 root User Login - Step by step configuration on how to enable root user login on Fedora 11 GUI Desktop.
2. Install from Fedora 11 installation DVD - Step by step how to enable install from Fedora 11 installation DVD.
3. Disable Fedora 11 yum repository list - Step by step disable fedora 11 yum repository list (fedora.repo and fedora-updates.repo) and enable only Fedora 11 installation DVD repository.
4. Open x terminal on Fedora 11 desktop - Step by step open x terminal on Fedora 11 desktop.
5. Disable Network Manager on Fedora 11 - Step by step disable NetworkManager services on Fedora 11 desktop.
Fedora 10 Configuration:
1. Install Flash Player on Fedora 10 - Step by step how to install Firefox Flash Player plugin and adobe flash player on Fedora 10 system.
2. Disable NetworkManager Fedora 10 - Step by step how to disable Networkmanager on Linux Fedora 10.
3. Open X Terminal - Step by step to open X Terminal (shell terminal) on Linux Fedora 10 desktop.
4. Step to change root password on Fedora 10 - Step by step article on how to change root password on Fedora 10, this step by step article guide you to enter the grub menu on Fedora 10 system and then edit the grub command line to enter the Fedora 10 single user mode to change the root user password.
5. Configure to install software using Fedora 10 DVD - Step by step configuration example to enable us to install software packages from Fedora 10 installation DVD. The Fedora 10 DVD going to be our source of software package repos, this setup procedure and Fedora 10 installation DVD would be useful if we don't have internet connection and want to add or install software on Fedora 10 system.
6. Enable root login on Fedora 10 - Step by step example to enable root login on Fedora 10, the example show step by step procedures to edit configuration file on Fedora 10 to enable root user login.
7. Disable Ctrl Alt Delete - Step by step how to disable Ctrl Alt Delete on Linux Fedora 10 from restart the system.
Fedora Core User Managements guide:
1. Adding User Account - The article show the process of adding user to Fedora Core Operating system using 'useradd' command and add user using 'system-config-users', the graphical user management tool available with Fedora Core system.
2. Change User Password - Step by step example to change current user password and to reset the password for user in the system.
Note: All the Linux / Unix commands used is execute on GNU / Linux Fedora Core using Bash shell.
Keywords: linux guides, linux help, linux tips, add user, man, user account, configure linux, user management, reset user password, create user account, linux introduction, configure fedora core, manage fedora core, install fedora core